• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving between slides

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a button set up in my resources that take you to a PDF document. When done viewing the PDF document there is a red X set up on the slide which takes you back to the last slide visited which is the Resource page. My Red X on the Resource page says to take you to last slide visited which takes you back to the PDF page. It goes in a circle. 

What I would like to happen is when you go to the Resource page and you click on a button that should take you to the PDF document. Then when you click on the red X after viewing the PDF document it should take you back to Resources then when you click the Red X on resoursces it should take you to the page you were on before you ever went to Resources in the first place. How can I do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem with a command to go to the last slide visited. Try to use Jump to with a precise target slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another idea:  Set the button that opens the PDF to open it as a file in a different window to that of the course.  Then when the learner closes down the PDF window or tab, they would automatically find themself looking at the last slide they had visited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Christine,

It sounds like this will be running from your website. So I would keep all your PDF's in a folder, uplod them to your website. And then when you go to the Resource page, you can either use Javascript and open a new window perfectly sized (you made need to research a little javascript to implenent this - but its nothing so fancy. Or an easy way is to use the Action "Open URL or File" navigate to your PDF and on the little arrow drop down next to the URL location you can choose the Target "New" which will spawn open a new window with your PDF within it. This way you don't need to worry about going back to the last screen - it will be exactly where the user left off. Then they can just close the pop-up window (javascript) or the browser window (open URL)

Hope that helps!
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources