• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 Playbar not Working When Published for SCORM/HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having issues issues inserting an MP4 on a slide and then publishing as HTML5 for our LMS. The chosen skin for the MP4 does not appear as the playbar for the MP4, I'm assuming because these are flash based? So it looks like there is another playbar that automatically takes it's place when viewing as HTML5. The problem with this playbar is that the controls do not work properly. After playing the video, all buttons will cause the video to start over from the beginning, instead of for example, pausing or using the progress indicator to skip ahead. The same thing happens when previewing in both HTML5 and the SCORM cloud. When previewing in "Browser" mode it works fine though, with the SWF playbar. We are using Captivate 9. Thanks.

TOPICS
Audio and video , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you not post this question elsewhere as well? Have a feeling that I already answered it in the portal.

You probably use event video, where you can have a control panel for the video. Reason is that the video will play totally independent of Captivate.   If you use slide video, you can use Captivate to control the video, because it is synchronized with the slide timeline.

You are not using a responsive project, since you publish to mp4. Any reason why you prefer Event video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had posted this question just prior to the Forum changes and it disappeared. I have tried using both Event Video and Multi-Slide Synchronized video. Multi-slide seems to work a little better but the video always starts from the beginning if you try to pause or use the progress bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That is NOT true for slide video, which can even be used for interactive video. You can pause the video (I use a custom button) at any moment, and continue to play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources