Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi scorm packager

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi to all,

i'm trying to link 7 modules (cptx) of a course using scorm packager but when I open it appears a strange window without text but only three blank buttons. Is there the possibility to have a working version of this application please? I am on macos Catalina 10.15.7

Senza nome.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which specific version of Captivate are you using?  Major and minor version numbers please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my version is

2019 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac, not Windows computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Rod, reason why I didn't try to answer. OP is using Catalina, not Big Sur. It was in the original question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I missed that detail.  Sorry.

My guess is that perhaps the Multi-SCORM Packager tool is no longer compatible with Mac OS because it's using Adobe AIR or some other similar Flash-based technology that is not supported.

Perhaps other Mac users can chime in if I am wrong and state whether the Multi-SCORM Packager app works for them on current Mac OS.   It certainly still works for me on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've no solution? unique solution i have is to install captivate on a Windows machine?

if yes my question is: why i have to pay a subscription for a product which don't works? when i have made the subscription i clarified that i needed a osx subscription.

very afraid of the fact that adobe don't provide an update for osx users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait till we find out whether or not other Mac users also have this problem. I cannot confirm if my assumption was correct.

Captivate 2019 is now more than three years old and in that time there have been several updates that were required because APPLE changed its OS and broke Captivate.

If the Multi-SCORM packager once worked for Mac but now does not because Flash has been killed, you need to remember that Steve Jobs was completely in favour of that move.

In any case, if you think you have a valid complaint with Adobe, by all means lodge it with them.  We don't actually work for Adobe.  We're all just Captivate users like yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI. I have contacted staff to ask if they would answer this question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you lilibiry 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi rodward,

sorry, probably my english is bad. I just want to say that adobe takes 40€/month for an application not optimized and not completely updated for osx. Captivate is three years old, but other sws like illustrator, photoshop are updated continuously at least one time each 2-3 months, captivate osx has been forgotten by adobe. These are just my 2 cents on the question. I have 2 courses to delivery this month, I've realised each module as separate cptx file and I don't know how is possible to join them. The only solution I've founded is to copy/paste all pages in one file (more than 150 pages) and publish it. In addition the whole experience with captivate for osx is more than frustrating (software often crash and is very slow).

However thank you to all for the answers 🙂

ap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We have tested at our end and Multi Sco packager launches fine on Mac OS.

I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and contact us directly so that we can connect and assist you further.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources