Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multifunctional Hotspot in VR

New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

is it possible to assign two actions to one hotspot in a Captivate VR project? I'd love to create a hotspot which both displays text and plays a sound upon clicking it.

If I create a hotspot which displays a text, there's an option to add sound in the features bar, too, but this sound will only be triggered via timing (not by clicking).

Thank you for your expertise and time.

Best regards,
Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Maybe some one else has an idea, but my feeling is that this not possible (yet). The list with actions triggered by hotspots is very limited. It is not possible to mark part of the text as hypelink, which would make your goal possible.  You can get out of the VR (not in a VR project but in a normal proect with 360 slides) but I couldn't find a way to return to the VR slide in the state it was when you left it..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe some one else has an idea, but my feeling is that this not possible (yet). The list with actions triggered by hotspots is very limited. It is not possible to mark part of the text as hypelink, which would make your goal possible.  You can get out of the VR (not in a VR project but in a normal proect with 360 slides) but I couldn't find a way to return to the VR slide in the state it was when you left it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just started a new VR project and faced the same dilemma. To work around the limitations of Captivate, I used Camtasia to combine still photos with the desired audio into a set of mp4 video files. Once combined, I could point hotspots to the videos (which were small in size because they only showed a still image). It added some extra steps to the workflow, but achieved the desired result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources