Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Assessments in 1 Single Captivate File

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to have 3 banks of Test questions. If the user fails on first try, the 2nd bank of questions are presented. If the user fails again, the 3rd bank of questions are presented. If the user fails on the 3rd try, a message is displayed.  How do I implement this in Captivate?

Thanks

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to achieve this in Captivate. 

But what would be the point of giving the user a totally different set of questions after they have failed on their first and second attempts?  Were you intending to give them an easier set of questions each time they failed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I would never do this in one file, but with a rather complicated custom navigation setup, it could be done.

However: a main problem will be the sore transfer to a LMS. Do you need that? If you have all the question slides (for the 3 attempts) in one file,  the normal maximum score will include all questions (3 banks). It is possible to circumvent this with Branch aware, but I have not tested it out for this particular use case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested Branch aware and the basic functionality works, but on the 2nd and the 3rd attempt, the quiz does not score correct answers even if you answer correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources