Exit

Multiple Choice doesn't allow re-answer

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 16.39.00.png

Hi,

Hope I can gain a little more insight into why I cannot reselect an answer when I go back to my Multiple choice questions.

I have set infinite attempts, so not sure why this is happening, I have to skip question to go through them again, but cannot change the answers.

Do I need to add a clear button in order to retake the quiz? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

There is a big difference between Attempts on Quiz level, and on Question level.

Attempts on question level are considered exhausted when the learner leaves the question slide (skip), except if you are working with the Submit All feature activated. To clear the answers on a skipped slide in that situation will need to use the Retake button on the Score slide which activates a new attempt on Quiz level, and clears all question slides. More in:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-3-attempts-scores/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a big difference between Attempts on Quiz level, and on Question level.

Attempts on question level are considered exhausted when the learner leaves the question slide (skip), except if you are working with the Submit All feature activated. To clear the answers on a skipped slide in that situation will need to use the Retake button on the Score slide which activates a new attempt on Quiz level, and clears all question slides. More in:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-3-attempts-scores/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That makes sense. Will check out the link too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From analysis of the blog post views, I am very much aware of the fact that Quizzes is a topic which needs a lot of explanation, not always found in the official documentation.  You can find a lot more blogs about quizzes both in the eLearning community and on my personal blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see... thanks for the help again, and would you mind posting a link to your blog for future reference? I'd love to see what else I can learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you googled for Lilybiri, you cannot miss it:

http://blog.lilybiri.com

Do not be overwhelmed, busy since over 10 years blogging regularly. Astonishing to me is that even 10 years old blogs are still visited and seem to provide information even though the screenshots are of course outdated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources