Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple closed captions with different audio

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have several buttons on a slide that each play different audio when clicked.

Is there any way I can add closed captions for each of these separately?

Thanks,

Mandy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

If your REAL requirement here is to allow the learner to play a number of different audio clips with accompanying text transcript of the voiceover then there's a far easier method to achieve that resul.

Just add rollover captions and add the audio clips to the caption part of the object.  Add the transcript of the audio clip as the text in the caption.  Then when the learner places their mouse over the rollover hit area, the caption will appear, the audio clip will play, and the learner can view

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your REAL requirement here is to allow the learner to play a number of different audio clips with accompanying text transcript of the voiceover then there's a far easier method to achieve that resul.

Just add rollover captions and add the audio clips to the caption part of the object.  Add the transcript of the audio clip as the text in the caption.  Then when the learner places their mouse over the rollover hit area, the caption will appear, the audio clip will play, and the learner can view the transcript in the caption.  As soon as they move their mouse off the hit area the clip will stop playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod, yes you are right it is far quicker method.

The idea with using CC was it being optional for users, those who might have trouble keeping up with the audio.

But it is not a huge downside if the transcript shows for all users, so I will use your solution.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way to do this for hotspots on a virtual reality project with 360 images? For example, I have a virtual reality project and each slide has a 360 image with various hotspots what trigger an audio recording when clicked. How would I add closed captioning for each audio at each hotspot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources