• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Event Videos in Quiz

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All! I've run into an issue I hope the creative minds here can help with.  Using Adobe Captivate Classic 11.5.5.552.

I have a multiple choice quiz question with four 15-second event videos on the screen. The learner should watch them, and then choose an answer based on the videos. (See screenshot; it's hard to explain!)

When published, one or more of the videos might show up as a black rectangle or flash. Either way, they are unusable. The problem is somewhat intermittent. Sometimes they all work fine.; other times not.  I've made the files as small as possible, to the point of losing quality.

I thought I might solve the problem by putting the videos on Youtube, but it looks like that's only an option for slide videos, not even videos

So, my first question is whether anyone knows what the issue might be and how to fix, or if anyone has other creative suggestions to make this basic idea work?

THANKS!

Video Question Screenshop.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... I wonder if it could just be the 2 second timeline with pause not being long enough for all the videos to load, perhaps? Does that seem likely?

Edit: Nope, tried setting slides to 10 seconds long with pause at end. No improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Event videos play totally independent of Captivate's Timeline, hence the individual control panel for each video.

Logically the duration of the slide would not have any impact, but you could try to get back at least to the default duration of 3seconds. How did you test? In Preview or after publishing? Which browsers?

You are correct, streaming is only possible for slide video. You are not using version 12 (this would not be possible in that version) and created a custom quiz slide, correct? Or is this slide based on the default MCQ quiz master slide and suffered a lot of (not always permitted) editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Lilybiri!

I've tested in preview in HTML many times with no problem there. The problem is only after publishing. I've published to two different LMS. Both had the problem. I can try testing in SCORM Cloud, too. I don't remember if I did that or not.

I'm using Edge. A colleague used Chrome with the same result.

I used the default MCQ quiz slide and edited it. So perhaps my edits are simply not permitted!?

Maybe I'll just put the videos on the slide before the MCQ where they input the answer and see if that fixes it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, I suspect the problem is caused by editing the quiz slide. After publishing you need to use the transfer functionality to the LMS, which is not the case during preview.  You should always be very careful when editing any quiz slide: never delete an embedded object (which has no individual timeline. I see that the Question title is not the original one, and a lot of smart shapes are added. Look at the master slide: it has only the slide timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you edit the answer area (on master slide or quiz slide) to make room for the event videos? Know that all embedded objects have absolute priority over custom objects in the z-order. It may be this which is at the cause of your problems, if the answer area is still sitting on top of the event videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I eventually tried putting the videos on blank slides, separate from the quiz slides. They videos have the same problems on blank slides, so apparently it wasn't the quiz slides. I was out of time, so I went ahead with a workaround (placing a link to a Youtube playlist on the slide). Thanks for all the work you do supporting this community, Lilybiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks for the heads up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources