• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple fill in the blank words on a question slide in Captivate 8?

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a "fill in the blank" question slide with more than one word?

In other words, a question like, "The most popular pets are _____ and ______ ." (With the correct answers being "dogs" and "cats.")

I've seen some old posts about this, but nothing recent - and I'm hoping there's a solution now in Captivate 8.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! I'm learning - slowly!

Keith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Sure, has always been possible, but there is still no partial score possible for this type of question slides. Do you need that?

For that reason I will personally prefer creating a custom question slide for FIB, using TEB's or eventually dropdown learning interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, has always been possible, but there is still no partial score possible for this type of question slides. Do you need that?

For that reason I will personally prefer creating a custom question slide for FIB, using TEB's or eventually dropdown learning interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri, thanks for another answer and for helping me!!!

I understand and will give that a try. Great point. Thank you again!

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lily, what does FIB or TEB stand for? I'm trying to find/create a workaround for this very issue (i want multiple fill in the blanks on one page that are graded separately so that getting one wrong doesnt mean getting the whole slide wrong irregardless of how many you got right)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fill In the Blank and Text Entry Box. Each TEB can have its proper score

which allows you to create what you want. However you will not have the

Review functionalityu as easily as with a standatd FIB.

On Aug 19, 2015 9:43 AM, "douglas gh49378605" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(thanks for quick reply) when you say proper score, do you mean they can be scored separately on the same slide (in regards to FIB)?Capture.PNG

this is our slide, i want each of those "fdbj5" to be scored separately if this is in anyway possible? (so if the slide is worth 6 marks and you get 3 right and 3 wrong, you still get 3 points instead of 0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, because each TEB can have a score and you can have multiple TEB's on

one slide. Check Advamced Interaction panel which offers you all info about

scorimg. Use F9 to open it or from Project menu.

On Aug 19, 2015 9:57 AM, "douglas gh49378605" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool. I'm having a look at that but I'm still seeing absolutely no means to have the individual boxes scored separately. Anything you can link me which explains the process? thanks again.

to clarify, i have the advanced interaction box open and it is just telling me things like how much the slide is worth, absolutely nothing distinguishing between the 6 TEB (that are on the same slide) is displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in Reporting of the Properties panel of the TEB. Have several blog

posts but cannot give you direct link, being on the road.

On Aug 19, 2015 10:41 AM, "douglas gh49378605" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kk, thanks. (i just realised the advice you are giving me may be specific to captivate 8, we are running captivate 7 (was searching forums and didn't realise this was captivate 8 in title). its likely your advice is sound but that we simply dont have that feature so ill probably have to just leave it for the time being)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for CP7, have even used it in earlier versions. You have a Reporting

accordion.

On Aug 19, 2015 11:05 AM, "douglas gh49378605" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Lieve says, in Cp7 you need to select the Text Entry Box and then look under Properties tab > Reporting accordion for the option to Include in Quiz and assign a points score.  However, you also need to have the TEB option under General > Validate User Input selected as well, otherwise the other options for including in the quiz will be greyed out.  Only a validated TEB can be correct or incorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Honestly, i am baffled by you and lilies description . the only thing i ever see under reporting in any form is the interaction id (under quiz properties tab), that's it. Tried clicking on everything and nothing but never any other options. Under the properties tab there is also no options even remotely like the ones you have both said . I seriously am not seeing any words like Accordion or validate user input anywhere.

EDIT: our course currently works in percentage, this could be the problem? Im currently attempting to switch to points to see if the things you said are apparent after.
FURTHER EDIT: made no difference

EDIT :Capture3.PNG

i checked earlier but just to show you there's nothing here either

this too and no drop down boxes in these menus have shown anything either:Capture4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.  I wrongly thought you were referring to a Text Entry Box object.  Your screenshots show that you were in fact referring to a Fill-In-The-Blanks quiz question.  In re-reading the entire thread from the beginning again I now see that you were NOT the one that started this thread.  My apologies.  However, in our defense, you WERE asking Lilybiri about TEBs when you asked how to have multiple fields on a single slide.

Fill-in-the-blanks question slides are set by default to report to the quiz.  The score is set as Points further up near the top of the Quiz Properties tab.  Yours is currently set to 10 points according to your screenshots.  However, you can only get one score for the entire interaction this way, regardless of how many blank fields there are to fill in.

The reason Lieve suggested using TEBs is that they can be validated separately and thereby given a separate score.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting, ill have to have a look into this.
Yeah, i created a little confusion earlier on in myself as well. sorry bout that but atleast i know im not going crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ā€ŒDid you enter correct values for the TEB? if not, it cannot be validated, you only have a Success event and logically the Reporting section is greyed out since there is no way to check if an answer is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all of that discussion I still didn't see the answer to the question of HOW to input the multiple fill in the blank fields.  Can someone tell me how?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Double click the first 'word' and mark it as blank, then enter the correct values. 

Repeat this for the second, third... 'word'.

Know that the score will always be black-white: learner needs to have all words correct to get a score. That is the reason this thread was moved to a custom FIB quiz slide with TEBs because they allow partial scoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources