• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Questions on one slide

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just starting out in Captivate and I'm trying to recreate a quiz from a ESL text book for my students.  I have a picture with 10 objects in it and the kids have to put the correct word next to each numbered object. 1) umbrella, 2) shoe etc.  I was using fill in the blank, but it could be multiple choice or possibly other question types.  Am I really limited to one question per slide?  Seems bizarre. I can't figure out how to just add question fields to a blank screen either. I had a look at widgets but didn't see anything. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe first learn about the basics?

Important question is: do you need to report a score to a LMS or not?

Personally I would opt for a Drag&Drop slide, is much more fun for the kids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri

Thank you for your very fast response.  I've since read some of your earlier responses to similar questions.  To be honest, I thought something like this would be very basic. I can see now that it's not. Also, I thought trying to solve a current school need would be a good way to learn the product whilst helping my colleagues. 

Having one question on each slide may well be ok or as you say using drag and drop.  I just wanted to try to create something close to our real life scenario here in Hong Kong, to get the teachers on board as post Covide 19 we are having kids send us back photocopied sheets with their answers and then the teachers are manually marking them (as sadly they always have done). 

Reporting results would be extremely useful and time saving and I had just been reading here about Moodle and its reporting options which I could get the IT guys to install on the school server.  If I could automate some of what they currently do manually I could save them hours of marking and now is a very good time to change perceptions our schools having been closed for 6 weeks already.

Thanks again for your quick response and I'm grateful for any suggestions/advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally undertand. Like Don Quixote I have been battling in my university college for many years to have eLearning assets introduced. But when I retired, all got back to paper courses, to replace my fully interactive tutorial courses created with Captivate. Now college is closed here as well, and most of the professors never had any experience with an eLearning tool or solutions like Connect which I use still regularly to train or support Captivate developers all over the world (not in my country of course).

I understand very well how you feel. Drag&Drop is not that hard, but reporting the results is something different. Just finished a new sample project, where I provided a Review status for a D&D slide. It can be reported, but the restriction is that the score will be 'black-white'. To get the score all drag actions need to be correct.  When my partner had a stroke which touched the language part of his brain, I created several small tutorials, where he could link image to text, and listen also to the pronunctiation of the word (audio).  

You need a system like Moodle indeed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm going to have a look at Moodle.  I'll keep going with checking out Captivate for its trial period as I think it has value to me in the near future and I'll probably purchase it anyway.  What I've done with it so far I've liked. I purchased Adobe Creative Cloud and I love it.  Ironically, particulary for programs in it that I was not primarily interested in like Acrobat DC, bridge, Media encoder etc. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have CC! Great, because that means that you can use roundtripping of Captivate with Photoshop; Illustrator, Audtion and have access to more Adobe fonts (and some other applciations). It is IMO one of the big advantages of Captivate, those collaboration possibilities with other Adobe applications. But you knew already that I am an Adobe fan.

Wheneveer you have questions, please fire away. I am here daily...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources