Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple TEB focus and tab order

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like I'm missing something. 

I have 4 text entry boxes on a slide. no validation, no submit buttons, no nothing. Just 1.2.3.4. Nothing fancy about the styling. They each add text to their own variable which is used elsewhere. 

Their order in the timeline is from top to bottom: 1.2.3.4. Their tab order is from top to bottom: 1.2.3.4. 

But on screen, TEB 3 is in focus on load, then it's tab to 2, then it's tab to 1, and TEB 4 can't be tabbed to at all. 

I've tried to reorder objects in the timeline, it changes the focus/tab order around but not in a predictable way. I've emptied my preferences, I've copy/pasted to a blank project, I've updated to the latest version of Captivate, yet my 4 text entry boxes don't reliably tab in order. 

Is it just me? Have I missed anything? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the tab order for the slide?

Click on the slide in the timeline, on the properties tab select the accordion in the upper right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the OP: Their tab order is from top to bottom: 1.2.3.4.

Although I did forget to note that this is a standard project, not break point, responsive or any other type of project. 

I'm going to try to see if I can replicate my problem in another project type. It could just be another one of those annoying little gotchas that Captivate loves to give us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources