Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my drag and drop interaction allows the objects to be re dragged on mobile

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am new to Captivate, I am using Captivate 2019. I am using fluid boxes. I am creating a drag and drop action and have created in such a way that there is no need to submit, only correct answeres will be accepted. 

However, once the correct answer is dropped to the right targer, I dont want them to be re-draggable. it works correctly on laptop but on mobile the drag objects can still be moved even after the correct selection. How can I fix this? It jumbles up behaviour of my course..

Thank you!! 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Hello !...

See also this :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/bug-with-drag-and-drop-and-png-images/m-p/10720943?page=1

There is in fact a problem with png images used as drag objets...

And one possible solution would be to use Smartshapes filled with the images...

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I just tested this with my iPhone 8 Plus, and once I got the correct answer, I was unable to continue to drag my objects from one location to another. Perhaps you can provide some more details that might help us troubleshoot this problem. For example, how many objects make up this drag and drop, are you allowing multiple objects to be dragged to your drop targets, and even what mobile device you are testing with and any specific mobile devices are you targeting this interaction to work with.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your response! I have tried this on android and iphone XR, and the issue persists.

here is the scenario with more details.

1. I have 3 drag sources and 3 drop targets, one for each.

2. All of them are placed in fluid boxes, kind of a grid of fluid boxes.

3. Only the correct drag source is accepted.

4. When the correct one is placed, an advanced action triggers and a sound is played + a star becomes visible.

5. When all 3 are drag sources are placed successfully, the slide changes after a delay of 3 seconds.

6. After correctly placing the drag source, if I try to drag it again, it allows me to do that (I dont want this to happen, it doesnt happen on laptop).

7. If i go back to the previous slide, the slide is reset(this behaviour is as per my expectations).

I hope this will explain my scenario. 

P.S. Thank you for all your youtube videos, they are amazing and help me alot!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !...

See also this :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/bug-with-drag-and-drop-and-png-images/m-p/10720943?page=1

There is in fact a problem with png images used as drag objets...

And one possible solution would be to use Smartshapes filled with the images...

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dirlo, Thank you SO MUCH!!! 🙂

I can back you by saying that yup, this certainly is a bug, I hope the support team is looking into this.

The alternative provided by you, to use smart objects, worked like a charm! 

it definitely increases the steps for me, but it allowed me to achieve my expected result. Thank you!

god bless...

Best regards,

Prerana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome !...

Happy Captivating !...

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources