• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My work area is missing

New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open captivate all I see is the top nav bar. The work area is missing or invisible. When I click on "master slide" it even shows the "master slide view" text but not the underlying work area. On a mac if that helps

Screenshot 2020-05-29 at 10.05.44 AM.png

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

I can see that you are on Mac, but since there are vera rarely Mac users around to help their peers, do pop in. May I suggest to clear the Preferences? Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and fun 'CleanPreferencesMac' while Captivate is closed. I hope ou find that folder because finding a file seems to be a big adventure for Mac users while it is very easy for Win users like me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see that you are on Mac, but since there are vera rarely Mac users around to help their peers, do pop in. May I suggest to clear the Preferences? Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and fun 'CleanPreferencesMac' while Captivate is closed. I hope ou find that folder because finding a file seems to be a big adventure for Mac users while it is very easy for Win users like me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that did the trick! it was exactly where you said it would be: Applications > Captivate > utils for any other mac users who have this problem

thanks again you are a life saver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! Refreshig to hear a Mac user appreciating help, mostly I hear only complaints. Nothing to do with you at all.

If you had customisation, some may be lost after this workflow. The Preferences folder is under your profile, and by cleening it a new 'virgin' copy is installed from the original.  Cannot point to a blog which has more information about this, because I am a poor Windows user. Kidding 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources