Need assistance on Adobe Captivate System Requirement - Windows

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using the following laptop:

System Model   HP EliteBook 840 G6

Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2112 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Installed

Physical

Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Display                  Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

HDD                       500GB

The laptop heats up fast when using Captivate to publilsh mp4s. It behaves ok when the slides are up to 15-20, but cries terribly for bigger ones and becomes slow and unresponsive at times. 

I found The following URL for Adobe Captivate’ s system requirements (basic):

https://helpx.adobe.com/captivate/user-guide.html/captivate/system-requirements.ug.html

Key points of interest from my view point are the minimum processor and memory requirements, which are as follows:

Processor            2 GHz or faster Intel processor

RAM                   4 GB (or more)

Question is that, in the above basic requirement, is the processor a single core, dual core or quad core?

Furthermore, does the laptop whose configuration is posted above sufficient enough for working with

Adobe Captivate 2019 Release 11.5.5.553?

Please assist. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Your specs look fine to me.

I don't think you will get Adobe to specify whether the CPU core is single, dual, quad or higher.  In theory having more cores can be beneficial for most apps, especially multimedia apps like Captivate.  However, almost any laptop, even quite powerful gaming laptops will still work hard and heat up when encoding MP4 videos.

I currently have two laptops.  One is an HP Probook 650 laptop with 32 gig of RAM and the main 500 gig hard drive is NVME like yours.  The oth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your specs look fine to me.

I don't think you will get Adobe to specify whether the CPU core is single, dual, quad or higher.  In theory having more cores can be beneficial for most apps, especially multimedia apps like Captivate.  However, almost any laptop, even quite powerful gaming laptops will still work hard and heat up when encoding MP4 videos.

I currently have two laptops.  One is an HP Probook 650 laptop with 32 gig of RAM and the main 500 gig hard drive is NVME like yours.  The other is an HP Zbook with 64 gig of RAM and a 1 TB NVME SSD drive.  Either one will crank up the fan hard if I start encoding a project to MP4.  So I would not be too quick to blame the laptop here.

What is more important for a Captivate developer is whether or not you have to wait long for the latptop to respond when doing simple tasks like navigating around the interface, adding objects to slides or Previewing as HTML5,

How does your laptop perform for jobs OTHER than publishing to video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources