Exit

Need help - cmi_suspend_data issue

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Happy New Year!

I'm reaching out to ask if you can help troubleshoot a problem we have with one of the SCORM courses we created where it allows users to access the last slide with the certificate we embedded without getting thru all the slides or completing the course.

For example, our LMS report shows a user is 61% complete but he was able to get to the final screen and retrieved the internal completion certificate.

We did a debug and noticed a huge string of data in the cmi_suspend_data variable. Is this the cause of the problem? Do you have a solution or recommendation on how we should fix this - is this in the SCORM package or in the LMS?

I'm attaching the cmi_suspend_data for your reference. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Data stored in suspend data is just to bookmark (i.e. record) the learner's current position and score so that the module can be set up with the same details and at the same slide when they resume.  It's a SCORM thing, and Captivate's coding for how this is done is rock solid.

Your issue sounds to be due to a flaw in your course design.  You haven't given enough thought to preventing the learner from reaching the slide with the certificate if their score is below the required Success criteria.

If this certificate slide is AFTER the Quiz Results slide, that would mean the learner's score has already been evaluated by that point and the System Variable which records whether or not the learner passed or failed (cpQuizInfoPassFail) would be set to either true or false.  So, one way to prevent entry to that certificate slide would be to set up a Conditional Advanced Action that gets executed On Slide Enter and have it check for a pass or fail value in that system variable.  If the learner has failed the course, jump them to aslide AFTER the certificate and exit the module.

Another thing you should do is turn off or disable any navigation buttons or toolbar AFTER the Quiz Results slide and DO NOT show the certificate slide in any TOC item.  If learners can just keep moving through the slides regardless of their assessment results, then they would be able to reach that certificate just by navigating to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources