Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with Manual Bookmarking

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

Hope I can get some help here with this.

We have made 8hrs of content broken up into many courses with adobe captivate alongside giving it to the client for testing with their LMS. Throughout this process we have been talking about scorms and versions of the builds. The client is happy with the product and now that we are at the end they have told us it needs book marking. We said that it was turned on in the project and so it should be working. After some more testing on their end they tell us that they made their LMS and it is not compatible with scorm. They mention that in the past they had to override the bookmarking on other scorms.....My question is..... If one needs to stop or leave or come back at a different time and or PLACE to start that course back up. How can we track one's progression through a course? This is so if they are 45min in they do not have to sit through that part again. I am geussing I need it to log the slide's URL maybe at each page or section and they need a why to get back to there. There is know going back or branching it is a linear course.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bookmarking can also be done with the TOC if it cannot be with the LMS (which is very weird). Check the option 'Self-paced learning'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ya we looked at that but it has to be the same computer and the same browser...also if the browser get totaly closed it kills the bookmarking and you have to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way of getting a trackable URL every time they go to a page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same computer indeed, but unless the browser history is cleared, local storage will remain intact.

You will need to do serverside programming in that case. Captivate is a client....  That is the reason why LMS is used n collaboration with any eLearning uathoring tool. If someone cripples exactly that feature... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

haha... i have my history clear automaticly every time i close my browser. it sounds like the lms that the is being use is an old one or one that is just works different. thank you for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources