• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Never send resume data - What does it actually do?

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a tickbox that is located within the project settings in your project file, and one which I am sure that many people have seen.

Most discussion around it seems to refer to it as a way to prevent bookmarking. However, nowhere have I have been able to find a concise and clear list of what actually sits in resume data and as such the impact is has on multi-path (menu driven) navigation.

For both the sake of a future reference and present needs I would like to define each of the elements that is included within the resume data, and as such what is then disabled when this tick box is used.

The resume data:

• Last page visited (aka - bookmark)
  • Custom state changes (where the state change is persistent)
  • Captivate smart state changes (where the state change is persistent (eg visited))
  • Custom variables
  • SCORM variables (test scores etc)

Blue - I am confident it is resume data

Red - I think it is resume data

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

For those looking at this in the future, I was able to confirm that all the elements (both blue and red) in the original post are included in resume data.

It is not just bookmarking but anything which could be used to record progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

In addition to the items mentioned  above, we store the following details also as part of the resume data.

1) Visited state of all slides

2) Selected Pool Name and Selected Question slide index

3) Quiz state( isInReviewMode, submittedAllQuestions, pretestQuestionsDisabled, inQuizScope, QuizScopeEndSlide)

4) Branch Info(Completion branch, Current Branch)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nudge nudge - Can no one actually confirm what it does? Adobe? shambunashi​?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but this is a user forum, not populated by stuff.

AFAIK Never send Resume data means no bookmarking. Other data are transferred to the LMS anyway like score, percentage. As for variables, it depends as much on the SCORM type as on the LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those looking at this in the future, I was able to confirm that all the elements (both blue and red) in the original post are included in resume data.

It is not just bookmarking but anything which could be used to record progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the items mentioned  above, we store the following details also as part of the resume data.

1) Visited state of all slides

2) Selected Pool Name and Selected Question slide index

3) Quiz state( isInReviewMode, submittedAllQuestions, pretestQuestionsDisabled, inQuizScope, QuizScopeEndSlide)

4) Branch Info(Completion branch, Current Branch)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have encountered a challenge when working with random picking of tasks from question pools. When the course is closed and then reopened, it seems to struggle with the fact that random taks are not static. So, instead of getting back to the last task I was working with, the resume process hangs and the course is useless. Any way to avoid that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources