• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New and previously working published videos no longer open

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on a project to make multiple interactive videos in Captivate and am about halfway through. A couple weeks ago, I tried to watch a published video and it wouldn't open. Then, I tried opening previous Captivate videos that I had viewed before and they no longer worked. I tried extracting & opening with file explorer,

open index windows explorer error.png

and I tried opening straight out of winrar.

open index winrar error.PNG

The errors I received are above. I also believe something changed in the published folder for the videos, but I haven't touched them since completing them. I've attached what the published folder currently looks like, as well.

published file 1.PNG

 I had to reinstall Captivate a while ago, but it functions normally for making content. Something seems to be wrong with either the publishing or extraction, but I'm not sure what. Any help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are publishing to HTML5, but you need to be aware that you cannot just dive inside a ZIP archive and doubleclick the index.html file there to have everything work properly.

Captivate HTML5 content really needs to be tested from a web environment.  That's why Captivate has the Preview in HTML function.  It allows you to test publish content and see it displayed in a temporary localhost web server environment.

So if you want to play published project HTML5 output, either open the original CPTX again in Captivate and Preview as HTM, or else upload the content to a web server and view it from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources