Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captivate Crashes when creating new project/simulation - MAC

Contributor ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Specs: Macbook pro i-7, 16gb run, plenty of HD storage,  running ventura 13.4.1c - all within adobe's published requirements.

I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue with the new captivate.  Note:  This is a fresh install of the new captivate.

I am getting back in the saddle with captivate (been a few years) so my knowledge of the application is a bit dated. Anytime I try to create a new project or new simulation, the loading icon spins for about 5 seconds and then I get the following error:

An unexpected error has occurred, which may cause Captivate to behave unexpectedly.  You can restart Captivate with backed-up project.

The application then closes.  

I cannot get past the initial loading screen so I can't access any application preferences.

I have 2019 installed - that still functions properly.  I can create new projects with no errors.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the first Mac user reporting this problem, but sadly, I am a Windows user. However, personally I would never use the new version to create a software simulation, but prefer largely version 11.8.2 where you can add static objects to the simulation slides, and eventually replace FMR slides by Video Demo slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lilybiri thank you.  I am going to recommend our team stay on 2019.  Frustratingly at times, my team can only use macs so this is the not the first time we have hit an issue with an adobe mac port of an application.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that Mac users report different problems than Win users. There must be a reason. I remember that Articulate has tried for a long time to develop their SL for Mac but never succeeded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources