• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captivate - deleting items

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm playing with the new Captivate. How do you delete items, buttons, for example, from either the timeline of the slide itself?

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a difference between the 'blocks' which normally can be deleted and the 'components' like a button. For the components Delete will not work, you have to uncheck them in the Properties panel of the block in almost all the cases. Selection of something on the Timeline will not always reflect correctly on the stage and vice versa. I also prefer selecting on the (very convoluted) Timeline to be sure, but delete will often not work on individual items. In the PI you can better see what has been selected, but was this version not meant to be 'intuitive'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful, Lilybiri. "Intuitive" indeed. Can't help thinking that the new Cp is ideal for certain types of projects while good old CpC is ideal for other types of projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed, I don't think this new version can replace the older versions which have so much more features and ways to customize, to use other Adobe applications, advanced actions, shared actions and have a much more complete set of system variables, exposed or hidden. It would be great if both versions were continued and improved (CpC has too many bugs at this moment and the deleted features have not been replaced). At this moment the new version is more for an occasional project which is not requiring a lot of serious investment, just using the templates and the blocks with their design options, maybe a couple of small interactions (they take a lot longer than with a library of Shared actions). No roundtripping with PS, AI, AU as I use for all my projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources