• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New version ofAdobe Captivate?

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, please, anybody know the roadmap, when will be released new version of Captivate? Because version 2019 is almost 3 years old softvware and I want to switch to newest version from Captivate 8. But its strange to upgrade to version 2019, at the end of 2021  -:)))

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An excellent question to ask.  However, I'm afraid Adobe never gives out their 'roadmap' for Captivate's development.

If you are thinking of upgrading from Captivate 8 I would certainly recommend you do so because there have been several significant upgrades to functionality since that version. 

But to ensure you don't miss out on a new version of Captivate, just make sure you purchase the Subscription license, not a standalone license. Then you get all new versions whenever they are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I agree with your point regarding subscription based purchase. I wold like to have subscription based software as i have had with office 365 subscription. But the problem with me, personally, is the finance!. I may either go for a perpetual Student and Teacher Edition of Captivate 2019 or waiting for any new version in the near future.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone let us know that a new version is at least in the works?  It's been so long and the competitors update versions every year or so - I'm worried my product of choice will become obsolete, and may be motivated to switch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software is only obsolete when the maker no longer supports it. Adobe is fully behind Adobe Captivate. Take a look at this sneak preview of the next version of Adobe Captivate, codenamed Project Charm: https://youtu.be/y4Wnnc7e9kY

If you would like to be invited to beta test this new version when it's made available you can fill out this form: https://forms.office.com/r/d3bjdwhqbG 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really helpful and I had not seen it before.  I appreciate you looping me in here - it looks really interesting.  Please just understand that a few years of nothing makes it seem like maybe support is lacking for the product - but I can see now that work is being done. Maybe it's partially that the latest version was called 2019 - that feels like eons ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. I think the strategy of naming your product with a year in the name is sound if the product is getting updated once per year or more often. For example, the latest version of Photoshop is already version 2022. If Captivate 2019 was simply called version 11, I think this would be less of a concern for users. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Version 11.5 was released as a 'dot' version but had a lot of features added or updated. Really more features than the intermediate versions of XD which happen multiple times a year. And to cope with M1, Monterey and Win11 OS now release 11.8 is out. I have regretted the change to a version with a year added, because the 3 versions are all indicated as CP2019. Even for other Adobe apps the real version number is much more important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources