• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not getting proper output in Fill in the blank quiz

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For thw fill in the blank activity in Captivate, when we are uploading the course in our LMS, we get a "?" mark instead of the chosen answer. Sharing a video & image for your reference, Kindly help with how the chosen answer is displayed. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image was not added, but I did see it in the older thread.

Couple of questions: can you post the exact version number you are using? You find the full number under Help, About Captivate. It is impossible to detect this from your video/image.

Can you tell which font you are using? Is it a websafe font or a system font? Or maybe an Adobe or Google font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I accidentally deleted your answer. However I did see a very weird version number 11.0.8.... Are you sure about that, it is very old. It has been replaced by 11.5 years ago, and more recently by 11.8.

Did you answer my question about the used font? My apologies, I hurried to take out your credentials because this is really public and you don't want spammers.

Moderator: please don't add personal credentials in a public forum (probably because you used mailling). It is not safe. I took them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was looking to delete the same. Will take care of this next time 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the deletion. I posted it again, and yes we are using 2019 Release - version number 11.08.0.710.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are using TT commons font, which is working fine in other courses. we have downloaded the font. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are using 2019 Release version number 11.08.0.710.

Divya31882708h5t4_0-1692955682077.jpeg

Fill up the blank question image.jpeg

Attaching the video link for your reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but that is not a websafe font.

I will try to explain why this may be causing this particular problem. 

You probably show a non-responsive project. Text will appear both in static and in dynamic state. Dynamic means that a variable is in the text, as is the case when the result of the learner's choice is shown in the fields. Static text in a non-responsive project is replaced by images on publishing, which means that all fonts will show correctly. However dynamic text has to be rendered on runtime, and cannot be replaced by an image since the variable value is unknown when publishing.

You can double-check: replace this font by a websafe font (not sure you still have access to Adobe fonts in that old version). They appear in a category in the fonts list.

More details in my blog post:

https://blog.lilybiri.com/fonts-in-captivate

BTW: if you have a Results slide in your project, you'll see that your system font is replaced by Times Roman when viewed after publishing, because those fields are also dynamic. I have no idea why this font replacement is not happening in the FIB slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources