• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects in State View Distorting

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Responsive project in Captivate 11.5, 2019 latest update.

I have a screen that lets the user choose from 1 of 5 business person images (avatars) to navigate thru the course. 

The next screen shows the avatar that the user picked.  I created 5 different states using five different images of business people (avatars).

When I change the pictures in the State view, they keep getting distored.  They get narrower or wider and they don't look correct. 

If they are unlocked from the fluid box, they work fine.  Once I put them in the fluid box some of them distort.

Thank you for your help!

Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Will the result of the setup of the fluid box. Easiest way would be to edit the graphics so that they have exactly the same height and width.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the result of the setup of the fluid box. Easiest way would be to edit the graphics so that they have exactly the same height and width.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I will try that an see if it works.  I got the images from the standard Captivate assets included with the program. 

Thanks,
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did work, thanks! 

This might not be a question you can't answer, but why is it necessary to resize graphics that are included in the program?  That seems like a an extra step that takes more time.  The program should automatically size them for you if they are part of the Adobe Assets.  Just my $.02.  I have to use these characters later in the program and I will have to resize all of them...ugh.

Anyway, it's working now.  Have a good weekend!
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is just because of the way you used them: as states in a multistate object in a fluid box.

You don't have to do this when you are not in a Fluid box, nor when you use them as individual images in a fluid box.  In a multistate object, if it is resied to the fluid box, and another state has another size, that second state needs to have the same size to avoid distortion. 

The characters are from the elearning Brothers site. They have all different sizes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, now I understand, that makes sense.  Thank you for clearing that up.  It's good to know that if I use them as individual images, I won't have to resize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I would like the avatar that the user picks to be present on certain slides throughout the project. 

So, they choose the avatar on slide 6 and then they navigate thru a couple more slides with games, etc. and then they will come to slide 9.  I need the same avatar they picked on slide 6 to appear on slide 9.

I copied the multistate avatar from slide 6 and put it on slide 9 and used the same Action: "On Enter, Execute Advanced Action", Script: avatar_state.

It doesn't work.  How do I setup the avatar that the user picks in the beginning of the course to show up on different pages throughout the course?

Thanks,
Larry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each object in Captivate needs a unique name.  Using copy/paste means that you created a multistate object with another instance name, you will need to edit the Advanced actioni or use a Shared action.

If the avatar is in exactly the same location and fluid box, you can also time the multistate object on slide 6 for the rest of the project so that it keeps the same ID. Then you'll have to hide it on slides where it is not used, and show on slides where it is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. I used a Shared Action and it is working.  I truly appreciate your knowledge and help with Captivate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! If you have no more questions, could you mark the appropriate answers which could help other users as correct? That will mark this thread as answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources