• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

objects not supported in SWF output format on my Captivate project

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 2019 release 11.5.1.499 on my Macbook Air running Mojave version 10.14.6. I'm creating a project from PowerPoint and I've added an extra blank slide that I'd like to play a YouTube video on. I go to the Media drop down and select "Video" and then "Slide Video". I add the url for the YouTube video and click Ok. The video looks good on the slide and the audio plays as I would expect. Then I go to the Publish drop down and select "Publish to Computer". From there I change the top option from "HTML5/SWF" to "Video" and click publish. I immediately get this error:

A few slides or objects in the project are not supported in a SWF output format. The project will be published without the following unsupported items:

1. 360 Slides
  2. Slide Video with overlay slides
  3. Youtube or Vimeo Videos
  4. Image as Button
  5. SVG as Button

I click OK and the video saves without the slide I added that includes the YouTube video. 😞

Any suggestions or advice?

Thank you! 

Marci

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing an eLearning course as a video has to first make a stop as FLV format which is a Flash-based format. You cannot embed a YouTube video as Slide Video in Flash-based projects (even if it's just temporary). It's probably due to the fact that slide video coming from YouTube doesn't really encode the video as part of your project. Publishing to video would never work in this circumstance.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on Windows when I recently upgraded to 2019, same error message. I'm just starting with a project, three slides, minimal objects just a few images and smartshapes. But when I try to preview "from this slide", I get the same error. Not only that, when I try close and re-open my project, all the texts disappear; will have to manually click on each object on the slide to display the text. Still researching on a possible fix 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview from this Slide uses a Flash-based preview window. Any type of Flash component is not likely to be in the next version of Captivate (whenever it eventually appears).

You should be using Preview in HTML5 instead.  If you use Preview in HTML5 do you still see messages about unsupported content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Captivate 2019 also has features that are HTML5 only. For example, interactive video, and 360 degree projects. If your project has these elements you cannot use Preview next five slides, again for the same reason that is mentioned in this thread, SWF preview methods do not support these new features.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is a non-responsive project ALL Preview methods with the exception of F11, Preview HTML in Browser, still use a temporary SWF instead of HTML output. That is the reason why you see that error message.

It is annoying at least, because responsive project Preview methods always use HTML5 output. I don't understand why that has not been provide for non-responsive projects.

BTW You are still using an older, unsupported version of CP2019. The present version for Windows is 11.5.5.553.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me I have this issue I could not preview my project because I see this message. I know because I have image as a button but how can I solve my issue

A few slides or objects in the project are not supported in an SWF output format. The project will be published without the following unsupported items:

1. 360 Slides
  2. Slide Video with overlay slides
  3. Youtube or Vimeo Videos
  4. Image as Button
  5. SVG as Button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why would you still publish to SWF? It has been years since the demise of the Flash player which is needed to play SWF output. You need to publish to HTML5 or - eventually if you don't care about interactions - to MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources