Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to open .cptl file.

Please advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open Adobe Captivate
  2. Click on File > New Project > Project from Template
  3. Navigate to where the .cptl file is located on your computer and select it
  4. Click Open

Keep in mind that this will create a new .cptx file based on the template file so any changes you make will be saved as a regular project file.

To create a new template file, which I wouldn't recommend,...

1. Click on File > New Project > Project Template

Instead of creating new templates, create a Captivate Theme. While building your first of possibly many projects, modify the Master Slides, Object Styles, Table of Contents and Skin (playbar). These are the elements that make up a theme and you can easily apply newly created themes to just about any project made in Adobe Captivate. Themes are much easier to work with than Templates.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do NOT use a cptl file, because the workflow has become very buggy. Especially if the cptl-file uses variables and advanced actions you'll get a lot of issues with projects derived from a cptl-file.

For design consistency use a Theme, not a cptl-file.  

This is not only my recommendation, and I have used those template files in the past, but never since several versions when I have seen all the problems. Ask othe Captivate experts and you'll often get the same tips.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/whats-in-a-theme-a-template

An atlernative for a cptl file is to create a normal cptx file and block the file for editing. You can use a duplicate of the project to create new files. Much safer and without the issues of cptl files. That cptx project should have a solid custom theme with theme fonts, theme colors, object styles, master slides, skin and eventually Recording defaults.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines