Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening projects not using Captivate

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Long story short.. My employeer used to have Adobe Captivate that I used to build a project for an internal client and it all went well and such.. but since the license was not renewed.. the client came back and wanted the all the files in a zip (Which I provided) but since we don't have Captivate anymore, we are unable to view the .aspx file even with a browser.

Are there alternatives to viewing the project/opening it without using captivate?

TOPICS
Download assets , Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.aspx is is the extension for Active Server Pages. Is that a typo?

If you're referring to the Captivate source files (.cptx), then you can't open those with anything other than Captivate. If you're referring to the published files, then you can view those in the format(s) for which they were originally published. 

Not to ask the obvious, but if the client just wants the files in a .zip, and you sent them, why do you need to open them? 

Depending on your intentions, why not get a 30-day trial version of Captivate? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I could do that, I could redownload the trial and export them as a possible PDF if it's even possible. The client wants to be able to 'view' the project, which I've explained numerous times isn't possible without the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You say, "re-download" but if you've already installed the trial version once, you would not be able to install again on the same machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources