• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Other users cannot open Saved Courses in Captivate 11

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. We have recently moved a license for Adobe Captivate 11 to a new user and are encountering an issue where whenever the new user creates or modifies a course the other users cannot open it, however she still can. We are getting the error:

Adobe Captivate could not open "File Name.cptx". Ensure that:

• The file is not open already.
  • The file is not damaged. For example, if the file was an email attachment, ensure that you have decoded the file correctly.
  • The hard disk has sufficient available space.
  • The system has sufficient resources. To optimize the resources, close all the other open applications.

Captivate File Open Error.jpg

The help articles that I have read about this error are troubleshooting for when the file cannot be opened by anyone. We have looked into making sure the file is not locked, the IT Admin told us that the new user would have the same version as everyone else (2019 V11.0.0.243 / August 16, 2018) and there do not appear to be any differences in the save preferences. This did not happen with any of the previous users and we are saving to the same network shared drive. I’ve attempted to access both the primary and backup save files.

It is happening even when the new user does something simple like updating the wording of a single question slide and then saving the changes. I am able to access the file beforehand, but not after they save. Once the new user saves a file, they can still access it but all other users get the error message when opening the course.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started , Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Would verify the exact version number. The most recent release is 11.5.1 .499(for Windows). The version you mention was the first release of 11.0 where even the bug patch to 11.0.1 was not installed. Are you sure that you are on exactly the same versions. Projects created in 11.5 cannot be opened in 11.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would verify the exact version number. The most recent release is 11.5.1 .499(for Windows). The version you mention was the first release of 11.0 where even the bug patch to 11.0.1 was not installed. Are you sure that you are on exactly the same versions. Projects created in 11.5 cannot be opened in 11.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

This was exactly what I needed to get the program updated. I was on 11.0 and the new user was on 11.5.1. Once updated everything started working properly. Have a fantastic day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources