Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out of 8 icon clicks, any 4 needs to be clicked to activate next button

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Madam/Sir,

There is a scenario in which there are 8 icon clicks. When the 1st icon is clicked it will jump to the 2nd slide and when the 2 slide is complete the next button should be enabled, after clicking the next button on the 2nd slide it should go back to the 1st slide where the 8 icons are present. So this interaction will work for all 8 icons. In this case, any 4 icons can be clicked out of 8 icons so that it activates the next button.

How to write a trigger for such kinds of interactions. If any file is present with such kinds of triggers. Please share it would be really helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

The shared action has been created to take into account multiple clicks on the same icon. Did you have a look at that blog post? It can easily be adapted to your requirements. 

For slide 2 until 9 it would be possible to have one Next button to display for the rest of the project. You can use a rather simple action On Enter for those slides like this:

Hide Bt_Next

Delay Next Actions by x secs             where x stands for the duration of the animation

Show Bt_Next

That could be a share

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not completely clear to me, a flowchart would have been better. Some questions:

1. What happens on the second slide, which is necessary to know since it needs to be done before the Next button on that second slide appears.
  2. For the other icons: to which slide do they have to navigate? Is the setup there similar to the second slide and same requirement for Next button?
  3. When four icons have been clicked on the dashboard slide, where should the now appearing Next button navigate to?
  4. Will you allow multiple clicks on same icon?

The dashboard forced view (4 out of 8 icons clicked) can easily be done with the shared action I explained extensively in:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tips-and-tricks-advanced-to-shared-action-intermediate

Since I have no idea what the requirements for the other slides Next button are, not sure which action will be necessary. Probably also a shared action. Maybe it is possible to use the same Next button displayed for the rest of the project to achieve the actions on slide 2 until... slide 9. Since that Next button will always have the same action to navigate back to the first dashboard slide. The Next button on the first slide will probably need another action though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply Mam.

1) For the 2nd slide, there is a simple animation. I can enable the next button on the end of the slide.

2) When I click the 1st icon it will jump to 2nd slide and when next button on the 2nd slide appears when I click it will come back to 1st slide, when I click 2nd icon it will jump to 3rd slide and when next button on the 3rd slide appears when I click it will go back to the 1st slide When 3rd icon is clicked it will jump to 4th slide and when the next button appears on the 4th slide if I click the next button it will again go back to 1slide so this the process for all the other icons.

3) After next button is enabled after clicking any 4icons it should to slide 10. You are right mam a new next button will be required.

4) Not sure mam, what If we allow multiple clicks for one icon and still count only one even click numerous times.

It's bit tricky so I am not sure whether I responding correctly for your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shared action has been created to take into account multiple clicks on the same icon. Did you have a look at that blog post? It can easily be adapted to your requirements. 

For slide 2 until 9 it would be possible to have one Next button to display for the rest of the project. You can use a rather simple action On Enter for those slides like this:

Hide Bt_Next

Delay Next Actions by x secs             where x stands for the duration of the animation

Show Bt_Next

That could be a shared action, with the duration and the button as parameters.

That Next button (Bt_Next) has the action 'Jump to Slide 1'

The Next button (Bt_NextMain)on slide 1: 'Jump to Slide 10'

For the dashboard slide 1 use the On Enter action to Hide Bt_NextMain

You need to create 9 user variables: v_1.... v_8 will relate to the icons, and v_counter will track the number of clicks.

The icons need each a shared action with 3 decisions:

Decision 1: 'Always' is non-conditional

Increment v_1 by 1         v_1 for the first icon, etc is the first parameter

Jump to slide 2                slide 2 being the second parameter

Decision 2: 'Counting'  is conditional

IF v_1 is equal to 1

Increment v_counter by 1     this variable is not a parameter, only incremented on first click

Decision 3: 'Checking' is conditional

IF v_counter is equal to 4                doesn't matter which icons have been clicked but you need 4

Show Bt_NextMain               this is the third parameter

Do not forget to use the On Enter action for slide 10 to Hide Bt_Next because it was displayed for the rest of the project and would appear because it has been shown on the last visited slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you the help Mam.

Hide Bt_Next

Show Bt_Next

That could be a shared action, with the duration and the button as parameters.

That Next button (Bt_Next) has the action 'Jump to Slide 1'

The Next button (Bt_NextMain)on slide 1: 'Jump to Slide 10'

For the dashboard slide 1 use the On Enter action to Hide Bt_NextMain

You need to create 9 user variables: v_1.... v_8 will relate to the icons, and v_counter will track the number of clicks.

The icons need each a shared action with 3 decisions:

Decision 1: 'Always' is non-conditional

Increment v_1 by 1         v_1 for the first icon, etc is the first parameter

Jump to slide 2                slide 2 being the second parameter

Decision 2: 'Counting'  is conditional

IF v_1 is equal to 1

Increment v_counter by 1     this variable is not a parameter, only incremented on first click

Decision 3: 'Checking' is conditional

IF v_counter is equal to 4                doesn't matter which icons have been clicked but you need 4

Show Bt_NextMain               this is the third parameter

Do not forget to use the On Enter action for slide 10 to Hide Bt_Next because it was displayed for the rest of the project and would appear because it has been shown on the last visited slide.

By @Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mam,

Through the above post will I be able to show the next button on slide 1 by clicking any of the 4 icons out of 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mam,

Through the above post will I be able to show the next button on slide 1 by clicking any of the 4 icons out of 8. If your share any file with such triggers would be helpful

By @Sandyy A.Leo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I gave you the full workflow. I use that same shared action for many different situations of forced view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mam,

I implemented the triggers at my end but still, I'm not able to find the result. Please find the implemented trigger file below to check the trigger. I have uploaded all 3 trigger steps. If any issues can u correct them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be too honest, have been cursed about that multiple times. If you didn't understand terminology, you could have asked.

You did NOT create shared actions but individual advanced actions. Why? If you post a screenshot of the fully expanded Advanced Actions panel (F9) this could be confirmed, but I bet my suspicion will prove to be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help, Mam. Issue resolved

SantosALeo_0-1655549011761.png

SantosALeo_1-1655549086654.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have too many parameters! I did indicate the parameters in my explanation:

v_1 needs to be a parameter indeed because you have a different one for each of the buttons

the literal 1 should NOT be a parameter

Slide 2 is a compulsory parameter

v_counter should NOT be a parameter, which means it will even be created when you transfer this shared action to another project

literal 4: you may choose this to be a parameter but in your particular case it is not necessary since it will alway be 4. Setting up literals as parameter is tricky. If you want this action to be used in the future, replace it by a variable which you need to give a value only once and do not use it as parameter.

Button is a compulsory parameter

Please, believe me. I have created tons of shared actions for many clients and know rather well their power and what to avoid.

BTW it was impossible to read the Advanced interaction panel, since you didn't expand the columns with the actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An expanded version of the action.

SantosALeo_0-1655554188473.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do apply the edits to the shared action, which means you'll need to recreate it. I was talking in the workflow about Three parameters, you have six of them.  You really could get into problems with defining both literals as parameters, and it is not necessary. Defining v_counter as parameter is ... criminal in my Shared actions mind. I have presented multiple webinars about shared actions, after years of exploration.

Have a look at this recent post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/tip-5-parameters-shared-actions

Forgot: why do you have several slides set to Pause on Exit. Avoid to do that, it has no sense for those slides since there is a Next button which is pausing the slide. Is the Next button on slide 2 displayed for the rest of the project? Or do you want to force viewing the animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for solving the issues mam. I will correct the parameters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please mark some answer(s) as being correct, they may help other users with same requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mam, I was not aware of these things as I'm in the learning phase. By your explanation now it's clear. Thnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is not in a learning phase? I just dream of being able to convince more users of the power and workflows with shared actions because they are seriously underestimated. 

Markings as correct answer, please? I don't like to do it myself although I am a moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mam,

If I revisit the main slide i.e the 1st slide for the second time the slide audio should  not play. I have added cc audio in the main slide so how to stop that audio using advanced actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please start a new thread? This is another problem which is not directly related with this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mam this problem is related to these 8 icons only. So I asked it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be in the same project, but having audio played only the first time is another workflow. Since you have CC, this must be slide audio. You can have a look at this blog post:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/play-audio-once-on-first-visit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Mam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources