• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pause is not working

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using captivate 11.5.5.676.  I am trying to get the slide to pause at the end and make the user push the button to go to the next slide.  I had this working perfectly and now it is not and I cannot figure out why, any ideas?  I have looked through discussions and do not see anything for 2019 version.

lamely_0-1612484953931.png

lamely_1-1612484980423.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Make sure there is a small break of at least one tenth of a second at each end of the audio on your slides.  Don't have the audio hard up against either the slide start or end.

Check the Usage numbers in the Library for your slide audio clips.  You may have an audio clip that is used in more than one place.  E.g. there may be an object on the slide that has audio attached and this is conflicting with the slide audio.  The audio that does not pause would likely be the audio attached to the slid

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, the slide does pause, but the audio does not,   While on slide 1, it reads the audio for both slide 1 and 2 while on slide 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure there is a small break of at least one tenth of a second at each end of the audio on your slides.  Don't have the audio hard up against either the slide start or end.

Check the Usage numbers in the Library for your slide audio clips.  You may have an audio clip that is used in more than one place.  E.g. there may be an object on the slide that has audio attached and this is conflicting with the slide audio.  The audio that does not pause would likely be the audio attached to the slide object, not the slide.  

Also check whether you are triggering audio via an action.  That audio would also not pause just because the slide timeline is paused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  When I start this last year, I knew I was supposed to do it, but I forgot now that I am actively am using Captivate.   Once I added 0.1 pause before and after it is working again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slide audio can be paused on normal content slides, not on D&D slides nor quiz slides. Have a look at this blog:

Pausing Timeline and Audio clips - eLearning (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set a default so all slides have a tenth of a second break at teh end of the audio on the slides?  I have looked and I cannot find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry.  This is not something you can define in Captivate's preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources