• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture in rollover state is much smaller than the original - no resize possible

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I´am quite new to captivate and started to love and to hate it 😄 

currently I´am struggeling with the rollover state of my button. I have designed an own button which is setup as a button-style in the Object-Style-Manager.

The button is working, but the rollover does have the wrong size - but I cannot adjust the size of the rollover:

perviewacademy_0-1662467441537.png

It should be the same size as the blue icon in the normal state.
The original orange does have the same dimension as the blue:

perviewacademy_1-1662467528596.png

When I am back in the state menu - the rollover size is locked:

perviewacademy_2-1662467634273.png

How can I set the rollover picture size to the correct dimensions?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Please do not use those old Image buttons anymore....  Since version 6, when shape buttons appeared I never used them. Did you create three different bitmap images with same name followed by _up, _over, _down? 

If you are on version 11.5 or later, use the up image directly as button, the rollover an down state will automatically have the same size and location. You can edit the color for each of them using the Object State panel. Problem is indeed that you cannot save as object style. It doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do not use those old Image buttons anymore....  Since version 6, when shape buttons appeared I never used them. Did you create three different bitmap images with same name followed by _up, _over, _down? 

If you are on version 11.5 or later, use the up image directly as button, the rollover an down state will automatically have the same size and location. You can edit the color for each of them using the Object State panel. Problem is indeed that you cannot save as object style. It doesn't matter whether you use a SVG (would be recommended here) or a bitmap image.

Alternative is to fill a shape with an image and define it as button. You can define an object style in that case.

More to be read in:

Which Button Type? - Part 1 - eLearning (adobe.com)

Which Button Type? - Part 2 - eLearning (adobe.com)

https://blog.lilybiri.com/button-states-basics-and-tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your answer are really great - many thanks for your solution. Really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it helps you out, why not mark that answer as being correct? It could help other users wrestling with a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources