Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback controller in HTML and CC in video format

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using Adobe Captivate 11.5.5.553 for creating simulations and courses. Now, I have two questions here:

1. Can we control the speed of the slides in .html output? Do we have any playback controller functionality in Captivate - like to run the course in 1X or 2X or 3X speed?
  2. Is it possible to add close captioning in video publish output in Captivate? I know it is easy to turn-on the CC in html output, but do we have the similar functionality when we will publish in video format? 

Appreciate your support in advance!!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make it play faster, but audio and video wil not be affected and will play at a normal speed.

If you publish to video there will be no CC as all interactivity is lost. YOu would need to create an html page to add CC via .vtt and the browsers controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you TLCMediaDesign.

Could you pls little eleboarte how can we make the screen faster? But the audio should also be in faster mode.

I get it about .vtt file. But is it possible to add vtt file in LMS platform?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misspoke. If you fast forward the audio will mute. If you need to make it faster you execute this js:

cpCmndFastForward = 1;

Click the button again and it will toggle faster, click again then return to normal speed

If you wanted to publish to an mp4 to run in an LMS you would need to create your own SCORM package, which is way too complicated to explain here. You could publish to MP4, create the HTML file with the CC, then zip that and bring it back intoo Captivate as an HTML5 animation and publish that to SCORM, it would look just like a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it makes sense. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources