• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playing audio from button in Captivate 4

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if it was possible to play a sound from a button in captivate 4???

I'm attaching sound to a button on a slide, but the sound plays before I even press the button. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or do I need to make the sound button in Flash and import it into my Captivate project?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Jul 22, 2009 Jul 22, 2009

Hi there

Edit the Button and click the Options tab. Enable the Success caption. The Success caption will then appear when you click the Button.

Edit the properties of the Success caption and add your audio there. If you don't care to see the caption, change the type to Transparent and remove the text.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Edit the Button and click the Options tab. Enable the Success caption. The Success caption will then appear when you click the Button.

Edit the properties of the Success caption and add your audio there. If you don't care to see the caption, change the type to Transparent and remove the text.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Placed a standard object button on a slide, and recorded sound on Success object only. Sound played when slide displayed

Placed a standard object button on a slide, and recorded sound on Button object only. Again, sound played when slide displayed.

Goal: Play sound only when button clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you certain you assigned the sound only to the Success caption? If so, you hsouldn't hear your sound play until the Button has been clicked.

If you assigned sound to the Button object itself, indeed you will hear the sound play when the Button displays.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. Shall try again.

James Cavanaugh

Senior (25th year anniversary) Instructional Designer

2340A North East Park Street  

Jensen Beach, FL 34957-5213

Email: JcTech1943@yahoo.com

Cell: 440-429-5831

Web Site: http://www.idexamples.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to allow users the ability to click the button more then once to hear the audio? I have a short audio clip that may need to be repeated a few times, clicking the button once plays the sound fine but clicking it a second time won't do anything. I can see in the button properties I have set it to unlimited clicks but the audio only plays the first time.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to being able to click more than once, what if you have more than one audio

button on a screen. Is there a way to stop the audio from playing when you click another button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate is total stupid software, Im looking for basic things like adding audio to button  for several hours (than I find this forum) ... None intuitive control, absolutely shitty software Please do something with it ... It is more simply to do all that things I need in Powerpoint...

Or ... Im total noob 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jozo.  You need to be aware that this is a user forum.  We're not the people that make Adobe's software products, so we don't have any power to make changes to how it works.

Since lots of other people ARE able to get it to create the effects they want, including playing audio when clicking a button, your last comment may actually turn out to the real reason it's not working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2011 Oct 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 5.5 has been completely redone.

James Cavanaugh

Senior (21st year anniversary) Instructional Designer

1194 Breezy Way

Apartment 6G  

Sebastian, FL 32958

Email: JcTech1943@yahoo.com

Cell: 440-429-5831

Web Site: http://www.idexamples.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manage to do that. Click on the button and the sound play. However in the screen, there are many buttons that I have done. However, i manage to play 2 buttons. Once the 2 buttons have been executed. it goes to another screen. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I doubt very much that you are still using CP4, which is very old and no longer supported.

If you are on a more recent version, please start a new thread. Mention your present version number, the full number as you can see under Help, About Captivate. 

I will lock this thread which has no relevance anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources