• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please Help! Adding Closed Captions to Captivate Quiz

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating an eLearning video.  Closed captioning text and aduio has been added for all slides and for a quiz.  However, the CC won't show in the quiz.

Did I forget something?  Text was added to the CC and Synced; but when I view the project, the CC doesn't show in the quiz.  It does appear for the rest of the project.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Closed Captioning text is actually part of the Playbar functionality.

Check your Playbar settings to see if you have the course configured to NOT show the playbar during the quiz.

Playbar_HideInQuiz.png

If so, that would explain why your CC text is not showing during the quiz either.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed Captioning text is actually part of the Playbar functionality.

Check your Playbar settings to see if you have the course configured to NOT show the playbar during the quiz.

Playbar_HideInQuiz.png

If so, that would explain why your CC text is not showing during the quiz either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod.  Thanks so much!  I had that turned on.  Couldn't find this info anywhere!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry; I have a follow-up question.

I adjusted the settings as you suggested; but now the Closed Captions in the Quiz Flash and don't stay on the quiz slide.  

I also removed the Header on the Quiz slide in case that was causing the problem.

I'm using the Question Pool feature as I'm using random True/Fals questions from 4 different question blocks.  There is likely another setting I need to edit.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks again in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very important information which was not mentioned so far: the use of random slides?

Did you add the audio and the CC to all pool questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I added the narrations and Notes-Text for the closed captions.

The quiz needs to pull 10 questions from a pool of 30 questions. 

When I preview the project, the Audio plays, but the CC doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mentioned that the CC text "flashes" and doesn't remain on screen.

The CC text will only remain on screen while audio is playing and will disappear as soon as the audio stops.  If you want the text to remain longer then you would need to add extra low-level audio to the end of the audio track.

However, do I correctly understand that you are using the audio and CC to give instructions to the participant on how to complete the quiz question and that you wanted the instruction text (i.e. the CC text) to remain on screen so that the learner knows what to do?  If so, trying to use the CC text this way is not going to work out well due to the reason I mention above.  At some point the audio will stop and then the text will disappear.  That's just the way Captivate's audio and CC text works.

I would also discourage you from removing the header text from any quiz questions.  I assume you meant the text that tell the learner what type of quiz question it is (e.g. True/False, Multi-Choice).  These captions are essential for proper functioning of the quiz questions.  You need to reset your quiz questions from the Master Slide to restore these captions if you have removed them otherwise you will run into other issues with the quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources