• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Positioning problems with multi state buttons (Captivate 9)

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I just tried to use a button with an added state (the text turns green when chapter is done). When I change the position of that button it will jump around whenever I go over it with the mouse cursor. The problem is that I can not change the position for the other states of the button but it is clearly saved independently. Looks like a bug to me.

So I actually can not press the button at all anymore.

Update:

1. This only happens in a responsive project
  2. This problem affects every smartshape turned into a button, not just the ones with an added state.

Message was edited by: Nicolas Reibnitz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Just to finish this up for now:

The issue seems to be with the project file. Why this happened I can't say.

As Nimmy found out and wrote in an email one can resize the jumping button a little. Then the position is in sync again. After that even new buttons did not show the jumping behaviour anymore. Maybe this helps someone who encounters the same issue at some point.

If someone finds out how this corruption of the project can occur I'd love to know about it.

Thanks to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to remember that.

I've never attempted making a responsive project, myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I remember you told it, reason why I launched this warning. 

Bitmap image as button works fine, there must be a reason for the problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your exact version number under Help, About Captivate and show it?  You are on one of the version s of 11.5, that is clear but want to know the exact version. Since you use the image editor, it is a bitmap image: PNG, GIF or JPEG? Did you crop or rescale the image in Captivate? 

I don't have that problem myself. If you talk about a responsive project like the original user in this thread, never use a click box in a Fluid Boxes project, it is not supported in a normal fluid box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources