• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Posting a CP 2019 to a Cloud LMS

Engaged ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is our first time posting a Captivate 2019 project to a commercial Cloud LMS.  The person posting the projects to the LMS said they had problems because some files at an @ symbol in the name.  I didn't name anything with an @ symbol.  The particular project has an event video in it. That seemed to give them a problem loading it but later they decided it was PNG images with the @ symbol.  Has anyone else ran into this problem and if I go searching through the published files and change the name will it crash the project?

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good practice is to keep names simple, no spaces, no special characters (and as short as possible).

You also have to ask if the servers do support JSON?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I didn't think about JSON.  I'll have them ask about that.  I never do any fancy naming that is why I don't know where this @ in the PNG names is coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN Case I'm asked what exactly is JSON?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not expect an 'expert' explanation, Googled and this is the defintion:

"JSON stands for Java Script Object Notification. Files that contain the .json file extension are similar to files that use the XML file format. The JSON file format is used to transmit structured data over various network connections. "

Why is it needed for Captivate: images in published output are using JSON format. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I googled it to.  IT was clear as mud. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure... programmers are mostly not very good teachers. It is a way of transferring information with lower file size, bit like XML which is used for Effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have this same problem! A number of Captivate's image assets have @ symbols, and our content management system treats those names as invalid. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources