• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preloader Not working in adobe captivate 2019

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simple , saved adobe project with 1 slide, only addition is a preloader image in prefernces, peoject, start and edn

Image does not appear in browser upon preview or publish.

Had this working originally , does  it have something 2 do  with a saved adobe template project?

or is there a setting not permitting this to load?

also I cannot load it here

The attachment's test_preloader.cptx content type (application/x-captivate) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preloader works only for SWF output. Do you still publish to SWF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I replace a blank white screen for html5 publish as in :

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/03/get-rid-white-start-screen-black-button-html-output/

Is this only relevant to non-responsive projects?

Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eds83382332_0-1589261062042.png

do I really need 2 insert code each time ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WRe4BrDPsc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is one of my blogs. It is not limited at all to reponsive projects. I use it all the time, because I don't like to edit code at all. Just replace the arrow image by an empty image, ad have a poster image  with something looking like an arrow in the middle. Works perfectly. Here is another example:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/AnswerChoice/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your soultion is beautiful, but mine is not working, and I'm trying 2 find the issue.

I found this in the cpm.js file of the publsihed output.

so the output knows I am setting up no autoplay with a preloader image , and its got the file name in there, while I dont understand the dr/ prefix.

But its not visible.

there are some fragments in there that tell the program to set the preloader to null under certain if thens, but the code is minified and I cannot decipher it.

are there any settings besides those in edit preferences project start end preloader, that I need to change?

thank u.

---------------------------

"utoplay:false,preloader:true
,preloaderFileName:'dr/opening.png',preloaderPercentage:100,
preloaderimagel:0,preloaderimaget:0,p"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused. I may be wrong but it looks like you are confusing two totally different items:

• Preloader which is only possible for SWF output
  • Poster image, which you insert using Preferences, Project, Start and End.

In that blog I am talking only about the Poster image, and how to circumvent the default Play button.

You don't have to edit the CPM.JS. AutoPlay is by default turned off for HTML5 output since a couple of versions. Whether it is set to AutoPlay in Preferences or not, is totally irrelevant.

If you are on CP2019 you don't have to hack any code because the blue rectangle doesn't appear anymore Only if you are bothered by the fact that the Opacity of the Poster image is set to less than 100% it would be necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry 4 the confusion, I'd like the poster image to appear rather than the blank white screen.  you are  saying this is only possible in swf flash output.

If I choose swf in the publish  options, then preview , the poster does appear momentarily, then it goes right back 2 the white screen with an arrow.

Is that the normal behaviour?If not, how do I debug this?

and there is no way around the blank white screen for html5?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said exactly the reverse. The Preloader is impossible for HTML5 output. The poster image which I explained is to improve the user experience when you need HTML output, it is not a replacement of a Preloader. Look at this screenshot:

Preloader.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well its there in the javascript file but not visible in firefox or edge, nor in swf or html5 publish settings.

either I have a setting such that it does not use the preloder image, or my install is messed up.

Thank u for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My blog must have been not understandable for you. I never talk about SWF output since the announcement of the EOL of Flash player three years ago.  I didn't talk about editing CPM.JS, that will have been in some other tutorial you watched. Sorry, but give up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see the liliberi message above on the swf mention, and yes other blogs I looked at to solve this, so I was not always addressing you in person of course.

I only mentioned the javascript 2 show that the application had the image file name, but still refused , for whatever reason, to display it on start.

And I admit I'm just stumbling around CP at this point as a new user.  I would just like 2 understand why I cannot replace the blank screen with an image , as described in this 2018 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7_bUNGvMh0

so at this point, I cannot get a clear reason why its not working for me ( as in the video above).

Either I inadvertently changed some settings that cancel its use (format of output?), browser settings?, or there is a bug in my installation ?

I'll re-visit this later once I understand more about CP.

( I give up  ). 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The JS was talking about the PRELOADER image, not about the POSTER image. 

Most videos are just repeatinhg what has already been written by someone else, without referring to the original resources.  For that reason not laways a good idea to mix information from several resources when you are newbie. Language may be different, approach may be different, workflow may be different and you cannot just take some bits from everyone and trying to bake a cake with them if you do not udnerstand what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I understand now.

( autoplay is unchecked , but the image is imported under autoplay not preloader).

thank u.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not have to uncheck AutoPlay, it is automatically blocked when you publish to HTML5. Only for SWF output (which I hope you don't use anymore) it makes a diffeence.

Poster image is meant exactly to have a graphic instead of a white screen with a play button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources