• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview single HTML5 slide in Captivate 2019?

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the only way to be able to preview the changes on ONE slide in Cap2019 HTML5 is to output the ENTIRE file then scroll through to the affected slide? This chews up a lot of time and resources. Is there another way to view one slide other than SWF (which I can't use).

Details

Chrome Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Win10 Ver. 1903 with plenty of power

Captivate 2019 Ver. 11.5.1.499

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

This is my workflow. I turn on temporarily the Table of Content and allow navigation by TOC. You can then go quickly to the slide you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my workflow. I turn on temporarily the Table of Content and allow navigation by TOC. You can then go quickly to the slide you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I love good old fashion "brute force" work-arounds 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works... why is that 'brute force'? I have tons of workarounds, don't care how you label them as long as they are functional and spare time.

Are you wating for other answers? Doubt you'll get alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have misinterpreted my use of "brute force". In my world that is a compliment. Any time you can devise a creative "no-code" work-around, that is a beautiful thing. I plan to use the TOC work-around that you suggested. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option in the Preview drop down to view the Next 3 slides.  The number of slides that get published and made viewable is configurable in the Edit > Preference settings.  You can set it to just one slide if you wanted, but usually having at least a few slides is better so that you can check whether or not the slide transitions correctly to the next one.  If you want to see how the ON SLIDE ENTER actions work for a given slide, just start the preview from the slide before it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. The option I have is to view next 5 slides. I will play with the preferences you detailed tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was almost midnight when I answeered yesterday, may be the reason I didn't understand 'American' anymore.

Maybe I was wrong (seeing Rod's answers) when I concluded from this sentence "....view one slide other than SWF that you were busy with a non-responsive project, and also aware of the fact that the only valid Preview method in that case was F11. Was that not the case? I use the TOC workaround in that case, which is the majority of my projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources