• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Handout, Lesson, Step-by-Step, and Storyboard

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having a problem with our Adobe Captivate software, where it will no longer print project handouts, lessons, step-by-steps, and storyboards, because Captivate uses .DOC Word files as the template and we can no longer open that file type with our enterprise upgrade to Office 365.  Even if we upgrade or replace the template files with .DOCX files, the Captivate application only allows the selection of .DOC files.

Is there a way to change the Captivate template file type to .DOCX?

Template Directory
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 2019 x64\Gallery\PrintOutput

Error Message

WILLIAM98A1_0-1668016092637.png

Publishing Adobe Captivate projects to Microsoft Word

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, I am also using Office 365 but have no problem whatsoever to open a .doc file. 

Because I rarely use the Print feature which is hopelessly outdated and pretty useless IMO, just double-checked by printing a Captivate course I'm working on. Everything worked as expected.

FYI I am using Captivate version 11.5.5.553 on Win10 with Office 365. Can you offer the details on your side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our issue is that our enterprise security policies prevent legacy Office files from being opened with the Office 365 applications.  This causes the Captivate print function not to work, since it uses .DOC files as the template.

.DOCX has been the default file format for Microsoft Word since 2007.  When can we expect an update to Captivate to recognize this "new" file format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe in the next version? Sorry, I'm just a user. I have created a workflow using an InDesign template if it is really necessary to print handouts. Honestly, I largely prefer to offer a link to the course on a webserver, because a print document never can show the interactivities which are the core of a good eLearning asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources