• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem pasting elements inside state shape

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running with the latest Captivate 9 version (9.0.1.320) and I need to paste some objects inside a shape state to create a button and other to try to solve an animation issue. All elements are already designed and positioned in the stage, so I want to just copy and paste them inside the shape's state, but no matter what I do, cutting or copying, I can't get to paste them in the shape. Is there a way to do it? I really don't want to import the elements from the library from scratch because I will mess up the design.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you cannot copy/paste into a state which would deserve a feature request, could speed up work flows. You can copy objects between states. And it is never possible to copy something IN a shape. You can Fill a shape with an image, texture, gradient or solid color, you cannot paste in a shape.

As you can see, when in State view, you can add static objects to a state, but Interactions are dimmed, cannot be added. The only way I discovered to get something interactive in a state is to create a text with a hyperlink. You can copy/paste a text inside a text container from a slide to a state. When you copy that hyperlinked text, it will keep its interactivity. AFAIK that is the only way to get some interactivity in a state.

As for design: did you try using the Rulers and Guides, new in 9.0.1? They can help a lot in states as well. You don't give a lot of details in your question, so I cannot give you more detailed tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe - thank you for making something hideously complicated (if nigh on impossible) which could have been made so much easier by allowing me to paste into State View.

Oh ... you CAN paste text... but nothing else? Wow... it's like hand coding it all in HTML5 would have been easier because Captivate isn't publishing in.... oh hang on.

Situation: hand converting old Captivate 5.5 content to 2017. Roll over Widgets don't work and are not required, so converting to click states.

Solution: Copy content from within widgets, group, name, create a single object with multi states (like say that thing that's been around in the programming world a while, the Array), copy the new Group and paste into the 1st state, copy the next grouping and paste into the next state etc. Then build a series of buttons to allow the user to change the state of the object.

Oh sorry Adobe? You can't paste into a State view? So in order for me to do the solution, I have to use Advanced Actions to record the correctly clicked button, then hide all of the current showing Groups or just Hide all, then use the variable recorded clicked button to work out in multiple action states using the horrible If interface which Group to Show.

Don't use Captivate then you say? My company says We use Captivate.

Surely "Pasting into a State" must have been on a post it note when you designed States Adobe?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am NOT Adobe, just a user. Please, log a feature request. I totally agree that the usability of getting text into states needs to be improved.

This is the link to the feature request form:

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?Y9CHVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol yeah I know who you are Been following your blog for many years but this was just a generalist sarcastic post because there is a LOT of things that Adobe should have in Captivate before it starts doing fancy things of limited use. It's like Captivate is an unwanted younger cousin of the Creative Cloud team - it's not even included in the CC Apps line up. They should try using their program and see how hard it is use to and stop us having to come up with work arounds.

Claire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us start by raising our voice! I do not limit my activities to blogging or answering questions, but spend lot of time logging bugs and feature requests. Usability  is one of my favourite topics!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with our IS team and we're on the verge of switching to Articulate.  That's 58 licenses that Adobe will lose our business in once we transition over.  Adobe Captivate is complacent and constantly ignores bugs that needs to addressed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope you have more luck with Articulate.... but telling this here is only losing time for those users which try to help. Sorry for that note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this one drives me nuts as well. I think of the frequent creativity killer this one os for me because I couldn't be bothered re-building the SAME graphic inside the State, so I do something else (probably less exciting) instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And now, five years later, are there any updates on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources