Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with limit of the sensible zone of SVG

Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captivaters !...

I'm still working on colorize SVGs... And found a problem that I try to solve for too long now !... So I come here, hoping for some help... if it's possible ?...

The problem concerns the ability of the SVGs to be clickable only in the shape (and not in the bounding box).SVG_pb_01.png

It appears that this ability works perfectly... but only one time.

In the first example (Exemple 1), I deliberatly separate the 2 triangles. And if I try to click in the middle of them, nothing happens, as it is expected. But if I color one of the triangle, or even both of them, and I want to change this color, it appears that the bounding box becomes sensible again. And so, depending on the layer where the triangle is located, it becomes hard to color exactly what we want.

I made a simple project to demonstrate this... but I just realized that we can't join cptx file here (!!!...)...

So if you are interested in helping me, don't spend too much time in redoing the case, just join me on private messages (as it is now available !!...), I will try to give you this project...

Thanks !...

😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to answer myself !...

In fact, I think that when the SVGs are overlaping, the bouding box is problematic whatever options you select... I have a carefull look at Lieve's examples in her blog and it appears that this problem occurs also.

Don't loose your time to try to find a solution though... I think it's unsolvable !...

As far as I'm concerned, I will use only squares or rectangles in my projects, and avoid by this way all these problems or overlapping bonding boxes...

Happy Captivating !...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another problem with svg images...

It's when they are too small...

Encourage by the enthousiasm of Lieve I try another time to work with svg images...

This time I try to figure a big map of Europe... And I want to make all the countries as buttons, which opened a smartshape with the name of the coutry, its capital, its flag and whatever you like...

Everything looks fine...

But as in my precedent post I realise quickly that the sensible zone depends of overlapping... Only the one on top is sensible... It's obvious when I try to make Northern and Southern Ireland sensible...

And I discover that there is also a limitation in the size of the image. As I try to make the Andorra country (which is very small 4 x 4 pixels), it doesn't appear at the right place when visualised in the browser... (about 10 pixels down)

So once again I have to give up my work with these svg images... and hope that the next version of Captivate will be more accurate with these... and with all the work the community has done to point out the problems with Captivate !!!...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources