• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with showing text in quiz slides and smart shapes used as buttons

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I reviewed my training several times with different settings. I used both Chrome and IE11 and couldn't find any bugs or display problems. I shared the training with my client published as HTML5 scorm file on moodle. 

Now he faced several display issues. He can't see text inside smart shapes, which are used as buttons. And he can't see the question nor the answers from the quiz slides. I tried to reproduce the mistakes but wasn't able to find anything.

Does anyone have an idea how I can solve the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic text in Shapes will not show up in Chrome. At this moment Chrome gives lot of issues. Which browser was used.

Did you edit the quiz slides? Or the quizzing master slides?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Text inside Shapes is displayed both in Chrome and IE11. My client is using IE11 and couldn't see the text inside the button.

Regarding the quiz slides. I'm only using multiple choice questions. I made some changes regarding the buttons in the master slides, but I didn't change anything with the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to know exactly what was edited in the quiz slides or master slides. If you delete embedded objects, weird issues can show up.

As for IE, most outdated browser around with bad support for HTML5. You don't specify which version of IE. I didn't use that browser anymoser since Win10 appeared, and Microsoft clearly pushed Edge to replaceIE. Cannot help you with that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the position of the text box for questions and answers in the master slide but I didn't delete embedded objects. I'm aware of the fact that IE should not be used any longer, but it's still the standard browser in many companies, unfortunatly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you published this project, did you use the special settings in the Quiz Reporting screen for Moodle LMS?  If not, try using those settings to see if it helps.  I have been able to use SCORM 1.2 for Moodle without issue.  But since there is a special setting for Moodle, perhaps it will make a difference.

I would also suggest that you upload one of your modules to SCORM Cloud and invite your client to go and view the module from that LMS to see whether he experiences the same issues as seen for that module on his own LMS.  If he does see the same issue, then it is likely that the problem is with the way his browser or operating system is set up at his organisation.  If he does NOT see the same issue in SCORM Cloud then it is likely the issue is with something about the way his LMS (Moodle in this case) is configured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the settings to SCORM 1.2 for moodle already but the same issues show up. 

How can I share the link to a training in the SCORM Cloud? I know that I can preview the training from the same machine I built the training but once I open the link in an incognito window I get this error message: Missing Key-Pair-Id query parameter or cookie value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not suggesting you use the Preview in SCORM Cloud option but that you signed up for SCORM Cloud's free version and used that. When you upload a SCORM to the free version of SCORM Cloud there is an option there for you to invite other persons via email to view the course module.  When your intended recipients get the email there will be a link inside to open the module on SCORM Cloud.  That should enable you to see whether they experience the same issues with that module as they do on their own LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try that. Thank you for the idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources