• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems opening and viewing a published HTML5 course

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I really hope someone will be able to offer me some guidance on my issue.

I work for a large healthcare organisation which has been using Captivate for several years but only just upgraded to the 2019 release from Captivate 8. We have been publishing most of our courses in the past in SWF, although as the imminent change of Flash in the next few months has prompted us to start publishing courses in HTML5. Since upgrading to the captivate 2019 release and publishing in HTML5, we can’t seem to open or view our published course content, it seems try to open but only to display either a blank white screen or a static loading symbol/icon and nothing happens after.

For a little context, we host all our published courses on an internal webserver and then export the link to our learners/users. Before, when publishing in SWF we use the HTML document (always the name of the project followed by .htm) in the published files as the link to the users, this always works perfectly fine. We can just send that weblink to our users and they can open it from anywhere. Now, we do exactly the same for the HTML5 published files, the only difference is that the HTML document is ‘index.html’. When working in Captivate 8, this link works perfectly fine. However, when replicating the process exactly in the new Captivate 2019 release, we can’t seem to open the project content using the weblink for any project. Even one that we transferred over to the new Captivate that was previously built and designed in 8.

I’m unsure if I’m doing anything correctly, but it seemed to work fine before and now it’s broken. It works great in the preview just not via the weblink or opening from the server. Can anyone offer any guidance, as I’m not sure how we progress forward given that Flash/SWF will not be supported in a few months?

Thanks for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First suspicion: is the server supporting JSON? That is necessary for HTML5 output since several versions but was not the case for CP8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources