• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems publishing 360 slides- no 360 image

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have seen the odd post here with the same problem but no solution.

I have created a very simple 360 slide in Captivate 2019 as a responsive project NOT a VR project. I check it in captivate and it works fine. I publish it and the preview after publishing works perfectly. However, when I run the index file all I see is a black background in any browser I try.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On which devices? Since you talk about 'responsive projects', you have tried on devices, correct? Were they capable of showing VR content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

see this issue.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for th link- this makes sense now that there is security in browsers to stop them accessing local files fully. I am actually practicing with captivate to either host in out VLE (Canvas) or if I can get that to work I can host on my institutions local server. I will get them to host it and test it there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

good luck with that. Hosting a Captivate HTML5 output like your VR project on VLE Canvas or on a local server will work as long as they are web or cloud based and running on http or https protocols. And they need to recognize (MIME or Media typewise) the JSON format which is essential for Captivate's HTML5 output.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not think this works in IE, but it should work in Edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources