• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems uploading to YouTube from Captivate 7

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 7 and Windows 7 Professional.  I'm using the upload button on the main screen to upload to YouTube but when I enter the user name and password it pops up "Login Failed. Specify the correct user name and password."  I can login to YouTube just fine but not through Captivate. 

Anyone else having this issue or know how to correct it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Greetings from Adobe.

Can you please confirm the exact version of Captivate 7 by going to help > about adobe captivate ?

Are you working in Captivate in admin. momde ? If not then please launch it by right click on it and choose run as administrator.

Please make sure the title of your project not contaning any special characters, spaces, try to give short titles and use underscore _ instead of spaces.

Publish an .mp4 output locally and then try to upload it to You Tube manually and check the performance.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Captivate version 7.0.1.237

I've tried running it in Admin mode and that didn't work either.

It will connect randomly when a different email address is used but not every time so it doesn't seem to be the title.

It will publish to an .mp4 but I really need the quick upload to YouTube to work since that is the reason I upgraded to this version. 

Any other thoughts on this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain!! Sorry I cannot help, but I really feel your pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL thank you Rick!  Did you have the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am trying to sign up 145 employees to actrobat so I can track their training. Don't seem to be a way to upload your learners. I have been very dissapointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

It seems to be the network issue at your end. Please try to connect with different internet connection and then try to upload your project to YouTube from Captivate 7.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar situation here:

newly bought Captivate 7.0.1.237  (french) license on Win 7, Publishing to Youtube worked once, then no more, not with a different Youtube account, not when running as administrator.

I'm now trying to find how you publish a mpg4 locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old call, but I can't find any fix for this issue anywhere. Can someone help by pointing me to the solution for this please? I'm experiencing the exact same problem with Captivate 7. I need to convert hundreds of html5 videos to YouTube, and using the alternative option of publishing as MP4 first then dragging an dropping will become quite a tedious additional step. Why does Captivate not recognise my YouTube login details, when YouTube does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the issue can be that your login name for Youtube has special characters that Captivate trips over, but which do NOT prevent you from logging into YouTube directly.  However, I don't know if this is what is causing YOUR particular issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with Captivate 8 and an iMac. I've had this problem in the past, never solved it.

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌also if you have multiple YouTube accounts under a single gmail address, older versions of Captivate stumble with this. Captivate 9 has solved this with its new YouTube publish interface but 8 and earlier can't handle this specific situation.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But I'm finding this issue with Captivate 2019 (2017, too). It says "YouTube doesn't recognize the application," or something to that effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources