• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems viewing pdf file on mobile in Captivate

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I want to include in my Captivte project a pdf file, with scorm output in our LMS. On desktop it works correctly but on mobile it does not load the file. However the pdf file in the LMS as a file (not scorm) if it loads. Someone has had the same difficulty. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the mobile device have a default pdf reader? If you have more than one, you probably will need to make the choice. Is that hidden somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mobiles are those of the users, I do not know what pdf readers they have. But the problem is that the pdf embedded in Captivate from an object does not open the document and does not download it either. This only happens on mobile devices, on the desktop if you open it perfectly.

Thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some mobiles do not allow to download without permission. On a desktop/laptop most browsers have automatically a pdf plugin, but that is not the case on mobile devices.  I just mention some of the possible causes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you know JavaScript, it is possible to integrate a viewer. PDF.js for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources