• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with go to last visited slide

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a help page that can be accessed from any slide (action: jump to slide). When you are on the help page you can close it by clicking the close button and then you go back to the slide you came from (action: go to last visited slide). This works fine, but when I close the module when I am on the help page and open it again in the LMS, this action no longer works and I am stuck on the help page. Is there a way to remember/save 'the last visited slide' (the one before the help page) when I close the module on the help page or a way I can make sure that if 'go to last visited slide' doesn't work you go back to the main menu or something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

If you only have a single page for the help - how about this alternative?

Create a screenshot of your help page and place it on your first slide on top of everything else.

Set it to be hidden on publish and to show for the rest of the project.

Create a close button for the rest of project that will hide both the image and the close button itself.

Your open button will need to show both image and close button.

So basically you will always reamin on whatever slide you were on and the help page is jus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you close a session most variables are reset, including cpInfoLastVisitedSlide. If you want to recover them you can use local storage and JS or need server side scripting.

Nederlandstalig?  Lijkt me het geval 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad. Thanks for your answer anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Klopt 🙂

I am not very familiar with JS, but maybe one of my colleagues can help. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only have a single page for the help - how about this alternative?

Create a screenshot of your help page and place it on your first slide on top of everything else.

Set it to be hidden on publish and to show for the rest of the project.

Create a close button for the rest of project that will hide both the image and the close button itself.

Your open button will need to show both image and close button.

So basically you will always reamin on whatever slide you were on and the help page is just an overlay that we show or hide on every page.

Hope that makes sense - if you have more questions about it let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a good solution! I will look at it. Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources