Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Progressbar without buttons

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

i have a progressbar without buttons, which i made in Skin editor. It works for me well. Becouse i use other navigation buttons. 

I need this bar actualy just to see the progress. But if i click on the flowing bar it stops the Video and navigates me on the project too. Thats also ok. I do not need it, but i won`t say no for some extra navigation option. The only problem is after that it stops the Video and does not play it again with a second click. That makes the experience realy uncomfortable. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thx

.Pic 1.jpgPic2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

German, may explain why I do not fully understand what you want. The progress bar is what I mostly kick out to start with because:

• In a non-linear project it is very confusing since it is linearly linked to the slide sequence.
  • You can scrub (which you mention) which can lead to crippling setups. One example: where you stop the scrubbing, you end up on a 'frame' and if the slide where that frame is located has an On Enter action, or something that needed to be done before that frame will not happen.

There is a way to prevent scrubbing (I use CpExtra widget in the rare projects where I need to use the playbar on client's demand and he cannot be persuaded by my pleading). Or you can replace the playbar with one of these solutions, where I show the progress as a percentage, which takes into account any branching:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/percentage-progress-indicator-non-linear-course-solution-1

http://blog.lilybiri.com/percentage-progress-indicator-non-linear-course-solution-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilibiri,

thx for answer. Yea my problem is with scrubbing. I just couldnt find the right word. I guess i am gonna go with CpExtra widget and prevent scrubbing on progressbar. I dont know why but in my project it takes more than it brings. Could you suggest me a link so i learn more about CpExtra widget and solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may already have told you that I am neither a native English Speaker. Please do not hesitate to use German, although I will answer in English.

My pleasure to give you a link to CpExtra widget, developed by the genius son of Rod Ward, which you may have seen here as well helping users for free. At this moment I cannot reach the InfoSemantics site... please be a bit patient, will contact Rod.

Widget is not free but more than worthwhile its cost. It should be added to Captivate by any CP developer... and I rarely will tell things like this.

Here is the link:

https://www.infosemantics.com.au/adobe-captivate-widgets/cpextra

You can test usig a trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources