• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Progressive Disclosure in Captivate 5

Contributor ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from creating a text caption, copying it several times, editing the contents (several times), aligning the captions, and then sequencing the appearance of each caption on the timeline, is there an easier way to create a "Progressive Disclosure" slide in which one text caption after another appears? This can be done in PowerPoint but I don't think the "animation" from PPT can be imported into Captivate. My method of creting multiple text captions and sequencing them on the timeline is tedious and time-consuming. I am hopeful others have spotted a quicker (and slicker) way to do it. Thank you. --Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Place one text caption on the timeline with all bullet points.  Cover each bullet point with a highlight box matching the colour of the background.  Fade out each highlight box to reveal the next bullet point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place one text caption on the timeline with all bullet points.  Cover each bullet point with a highlight box matching the colour of the background.  Fade out each highlight box to reveal the next bullet point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 4 your knowledge.very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Perhaps trying not to think like Captivate just needing the same work flow as Powerpoint? Rod offered you a great suggestion to avoid having to create multiple text captions and aligning issues. But you will still have to time the highlight boxes (or rectangles) on the timeline if you want to have everything on one slide. If you create multiple slides with exactly the same content (duplicates) and hide a new highlight box (rectangle) on entering each slide you will avoid the timing work. In previous versions of CP I wouldn't recommend this, because of the increase in number of slides, but Captivate 5 has almost no limits there. And if you want more cool effects, try applying an effect on entering...

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again for helping me save time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources