Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish Failed issue on Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am facing an issue while publishing the course in HTML/SWF. I am able to preview the full course in Captivate 2019.

We have used web objects and video files in our developed course. Earlier it was working fine but after updating some graphics facing published failed issue.

In the attached screengrab location hidden due to privacy.

Can you please help to resolve this issue.

Issue.png

Lilybiri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are publishing a non-responsive project to HTML5, correct? I can deduct that from the screenshot. Just cannot see if it is Scalable?

Are you on:

• 11.5.1.499?

You can find the version number under Help, about Captivate.

Are you aware of the fact that for this type of project, the only Preview method which uses HTML temporary folder is F11, Preview HTML in Browser? The other Preview methods use a temporary SWF output and are not representative. Can you confirlm that F11 is working correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are publishing a non-responsive project and we have 11.0.0.243 version.

And also tried using F11 same issue replicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, update at least to 11.0.1.266, that was a bug patch.

If F11 gives the same problems something is incompatible with HTML5 output. Did you check the HTML Tracker under Project menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you ever able to get your project to publish?  I am having the same problem - but what makes this even more strange is I was able to publish it earlier that day.  I am using Cp 2019 11.0.0.243.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update at least to 11.0.1.266 (or 11.5.1.499) and check again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri - I updated to the latest version (11.5.1.499) and am still getting the Internal Error > Publish Failed message when trying to publish.  I tried with both the Scalable HTML box selected as well as unselected.  Any other thoughts?

Rachel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clean the Preferences after updating? Look in the installation folder for the subfoldeer 'utils' and run CleanPreferences... while Captivate is closed. Restarting CP will create aclean Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cleaned the preferences after updating and I am still getting the error when I publish.  My only saving grace is I have a version that is older...but it does publish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try publishing to a different directory.  Make sure it is a folder somewhere on your local PC that currently has nothing inside it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources