• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publish to HTML index.html NOT index_scorm.html

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to Captivate.  I want to publish to HTM5 and have my index file be index.html NOT html_scorm.html.  How do I do that?

I'm assuming it's a preference when I publish.  The options are SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, AICC, and xAPI.  Is this where I set it?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to publish output for upload to a SCORM-compliant LMS then there should be an index_scorm.html in the output.  If you are NOT intending this content to be delivered from an LMS, then why are you setting options for reporting to an LMS?  

Whether or not you publish to HTML5 is set in the Publish dialog, not in the Quiz > Reporting settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you see html_scorm.html in the published zipped folder, it means you have published a SCO, a package meant to be uploaded to a Leraning Managemnt System. That happens when you activate and set up Reporting unde Quiz, Preferences, Reporting.  That start file will be recognized by the LMS.

If you do not want to upload to a LMS, deactivate Reporting and the output folder (zipped or not, depends on you Publish setting) will have index.html to launch the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources